Postdoctoral positions – International call
Five post-doctoral are available in the areas of research listed below, at the “Center for Computing in Engineering & Science – CCES” at the University of Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil. The CCES is a multidisciplinary research center dedicated to the development and application of computational methods in computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering. The positions are open for immediate start with a 2 year duration, with possible extension to 5 years. The funding is provided by the FAPESP (www.fapesp.br) with competitive stipends and auxiliary funding for research.
The areas of interest are:
- Towards a data infrastructure for CCES: Inquiry on Data Science
- Applying Machine Learning techniques in engineering and sciences
- New types of high performance accelerators for applications in engineering and sciences on FPGA
- Efficient migration of high performance computing science and engineering applications to the cloud
- Prospecting biomass-degrading enzymes using metagenomics and protein modeling approaches
- Multiscale approaches for understanding biomolecular and other heterogeneous materials
- Multiscale modeling of carbon nanomaterials and metal organic frameworks – MOFs
The selected candidate is expected to work in an interdisciplinary environment in which the problems and techniques of the research areas may be interconnected. The successful candidate must have a strong background in any computational science and engineering research field like: computer science, molecular modeling, statistics, parallel programming, modeling of complex engineering problems, hardware-based acceleration, machine-learning, etc.
Please stay tuned. This call will be open very soon ….